MASKART (Mask Design Contest)
GUIDELINES AND MECHANICS:
1. There shall be 3 categories:
CATEGORY A – Grade 7 & 8
CATEGORY B – Grade 9 & 10
CATEGORY C – Grade 11 & 12
2. Participants are only allowed to submit one piece of artwork aligned with the theme of the PNS 115th Founding anniversary and Arts month theme.
3. Artwork must be an original piece completed solely by the participant.
4. The participants shall be the ones to provide their own art materials,
Materials to be used:
Face Mask (any kind of available face mask)
Any recyclable or indigenous materials is highly recommended
Glue, needle, thread
5. The registration link shall be provided upon the official announcement of the contest.
6. There shall be NO limit to the number of participants to join in every category.
7. Once registered, participants shall soon receive a confirmation email signifying that their membership has been verified and that they are now able to proceed in the contest.
8. Participants shall be given time to work on their outputs.
9. Participants MUST prepare an explanation of their work in WORD format. The name of the file shall be as follows: 115_PNS_MASKART CONTEST Category_ LAST NAME, FIRST NAME (Ex. 114_PNS_PAINTING CONTEST__Grdade7_DELA CRUZ_JUAN)
10. Participants must submit their photo wearing their face mask for people’s choice award entry. Participants may submit their output in any format that they think will best preserve the quality of the entry provided that this format does not cause any difficulty for the uploaders. The name of the file shall be as follows: 115PNS_MASKART Contest _LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_CATEGORY (Ex. MASKART_DELA CRUZ_JUAN_G7)
11. Submission of an entry is on March 2, 2022, @ SPA building 31, Rm 6 through this link: https://forms.gle/Ag4JEup3xeDSeUHb9 .Don’t forget to bring your output to Ms. Vrenily A. Mozo, your vaccination card upon submission.
12. The outputs will be posted on the official page of Special Program in the Arts/and Palawan National School Official FB Page from March 2 to 5, 2022. During this, the public shall get to see all the entries of the competition.
13. The score for the People’s Choice Award shall be gained via support online through online voting.
14. Judges shall rate each entry according to the following criteria:
a) Thematic Relevance – 30%
b) Originality – 30%
c) Design and Creative Elements – 20%
d) Visual Execution – 20%
15. There shall be five members of the Board of Judges chosen by the Steering Committee who are experts in the field of arts. The decision of the Board of Judges shall be final and irrevocable.
16. The score obtained for the People’s Choice Award shall be obtained by means of support online via liking and sharing the post of the entry. The point system shall be as follows:
• Like – 1 point
• Love – 3 points
• Share – 5 points
17. The entry with the highest score among the entries of each category shall be the winner.
18. Furthermore, a separate winner for the People’s Choice Award shall be given to the entry with the highest votes for the entire competition. This shall be announced during the 115th Founding Anniversary of Palawan National School on March 6, 2022.